What does Terra mean? The word burrowed into English from Latin around 1605 and it means literally “Earth”. According to Urban dictionary it also means funny, sexy, and smart. What imageries can you gather when you read “Earth”?
Personally speaking, “Terra” gave me imageries of rich colours, a full palette of paints.
That is perhaps why Terra Guard model has 5 dynamic colours that maybe depict various regions such as Asia, Europe, Africa, Oceania and the Americas. There are 5 diligent colours ranging from Blue, Purple, Red, Green and Black. We do not know which colour depicts which region of course but we could make some assumptions. Why not.
- Blue is the colour of trust, responsibility, honesty and loyalty. It is sincere and conservative.
- Red is associated with energy, war danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire and love. These personalities are commonly known as Red since it attracts attention more than any other colour.
- Purple combines the stability of blue and the energy of red, associated with royalty. It symbolises power, nobility, luxury and ambition.
- Green is obviously the colour of nature. It symbolises growth, harmony, freshness and fertility. Apparently, it is used to symbolise piety and sincerity.
- Lastly Black is associated with power, elegance, formality, death, evil and mystery. It is a very formal, elegant and prestigious colour.
Although colour perception is subjective and certain colours may have a very universal significance. “This is coded into our reptilian brain, giving us that instinctive feeling of fire being dangerous and the beach being relaxing” (Colourpsychology.org).
Before you start your debate about which colour is the best for a Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus case, there is no “one size fits all” that puts every single personality into a box. All I can say is try it, it won’t harm you because Terra Guard is shockproof, anti-scratch and drop resistant case with MIL-STD-810G military drop standards.